March 10, 2015

Spring

Spring dropped by this morning and teased us with visions of green grass and breezes warm enough to thaw the glacial mounds heaped in the corner of basically every parking lot ever. I edged my potted succulents toward the window where, at last, I didn't have to worry about it catching frost.

Good Morning. Are you hungry?
A light sprinkling of water, just enough to dampen the soil.
Lots of sunshine today. Things are looking up.

I once asked my mother why she talked to her plants and she told me that all things need to know they are loved in order to grow well.

It's been a long winter. Between applications, senioritis, and the never-ending wait to hear back, growing well has... well, it's been hard.

Which is precisely why I wanted to remember today. Sitting by the window, soaking in the warmth of a long-awaited sun, I was reminded of the sureness of certain things:

More opportunities.
The love of my Father.
The return of spring.